Redeveloped in 2015, our TASCC certified laboratory assists the business in managing the quality of both seed and human consumption products from farm to customer. Qualified National Institute of Agriculture Botany (NIAB) trained staff enables the laboratory to operate as a Licenced Seed Testing Station (LSTS). Through stringent licensing conditions and close NIAB monitoring, the LSTS licensing enables staff to perform “on site” official testing and certification of seeds.
A range of analysis is available, including moisture, purity and germination, the laboratories primary functions include:
• Farm sample analysis on seed and human consumption crops.
• Intake analysis on all commodities before processing.
• Quality control during the manufacturing processes.
• Official analysis of seed samples to meet both UK legislation and EU regulations.
• To provide an active release program for our human consumption products ensuring defined quality standards.
• Assisting with the development of the manufacturing process and the Company’s Food Safety Management System.